Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Pilot Log improvements

Author
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Tim and the community,

I would like to suggest a couple of improvements to the PLOG:
1. For in-flight reference, in order to see what airways were planned, DCTs, or where one might have a change of flight rules, etc.., it would be practical to display on the PLOG the route as it was entered.
-> Would it be possible to print somewhere near the top of the PLOG how the route was entered? Or how it looked liked when going flying.

2. When a route is entered with airways, I think it is very practical that you spell out every point along the airway. For long routes however it can be a hassle to check the route is correct, or to find changes of airway (especially without item #1 above).
-> Would it be possible to display what points are part of what airway? For example with the airway name in a narrow vertical box on the left of the point names that spans vertically across the corresponding points. This could be a feature that only gets activated when "Activate IFR features" is checked.

3. Last week I was cleared to destination early in my flight, so I used the direct-to function in the PLOG. However, during a later hand-over at a change of FIR and into C-airspace, I was re-cleared to a point earlier in my filed flight-plan, a point which had now disappeared from the PLOG, so I had to look it up.
-> When a direct is activated, would it be possible to still retain all the points in the route, so we can access them later? (for reference this is also the default behaviour on a panel-mounted GPS like a Garmin GNS430, I'd think people are used to it)

Thank you,

Arnaud

ArnaudC
A
Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.3K reputation)
I have photoshopped these two pictures, with my proposed additions in light brown color, to exemplify my points above. The flight plan is just one I have flown recently:
1. Flight plan as entered at the top of the PLOG:

2. Square bracket on the left of the points to show the airways used, and indication of flight rule change:

ArnaudC
A
Bumping this thread up.
Reactions from the community? Like? No like?

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.6K reputation)
Seem to me that you are using SkyDemon as the primary IFR navigation tool.

When I get messed around by ATC in the way you describe, I input the DCT to the IFR Navigator first, then sort out SkyDemon, for which it doesn't matter whether the route history is lost.

Edited 5/29/2019 4:08:55 PM by grahamb
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search