Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Dynon and FLARM integration

Author
psuter
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
does Skydemon receive also traffic information from the Dynon Skyview? i am planing a new panel and would like to connect a flarm core unit to a Skyview to which i would then connect via WIFI from Skydemon so i am able to transfer my flightplan and get GPS and hopefully also traffic information back from the Skyview.
flarm to skyview should work as both support TIS for that.
regards
Pascal

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.4K reputation)
psuter - 4/7/2019 11:42:43 AM
does Skydemon receive also traffic information from the Dynon Skyview? i am planing a new panel and would like to connect a flarm core unit to a Skyview to which i would then connect via WIFI from Skydemon so i am able to transfer my flightplan and get GPS and hopefully also traffic information back from the Skyview.
regards
Pascal

As far as I know, Dynon does not forward any traffic information to any third party device. I had a TRX2000 connected to Dynon, no traffic forward, only flight plan exchange. Therefore I would recommend to buy either a SkyEcho 2 (configured for ADS-B and FLARM reception) or an Air Traffic AT-1 that you connect via serial to Dynon and via Wifi with SkyDemon.

psuter
psuter
Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)Too Much Forum (4K reputation)
[quote]
TouchTheSky - 4/7/2019 7:55:12 PM
  Therefore I would recommend to buy either a SkyEcho 2 (configured for ADS-B and FLARM reception) or an Air Traffic AT-1 that you connect via serial to Dynon and via Wifi with SkyDemon.

thanks for your reply. i currently use a TRX1500 with AirConnect to connect it via wifi to my Skydemon and will probably continue down this road in that case.. the reason why i wanted to route traffic it through a Dynon SkyView was so i can upload my route to the dynon without swichting wifi networks between the dynon and the AirConnect.. The only reason for me to consider the more expensive Dynon over an MGL iEFIS so far was the Wifi connection to SkyDemon but in this case that's no longer a factor.. for the MGL i can save my route in skydemon as GPX and then insert this into the MGL on a micro sd card.

cheers
Pascal

hbyjj
h
Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)Forum Newbie (3 reputation)
psuter - 4/7/2019 11:42:43 AM
regards
Pascal

Hi Pascal
Has the project evolved in the meantime?  I'm thinking of exactly the same for my experimental HB-YJJ.
Best regards,
Martin

psuter
psuter
hbyjj - 1/2/2021 3:56:03 PM
Has the project evolved in the meantime?  I'm thinking of exactly the same for my experimental HB-YJJ.

in a way yes.. i have purchased an MGL MX-1 Wink
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search