Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Scratchpad Forms - Apple Pencil with new iPad Mini

Author
J
Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)Junior Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Now that Apple has launched the new iPad Mini (5th Gen), I’d like to see if the Apple Pencil I have for my bigger iPad could be of more use in flight. I currently use a combination of SD on an iPad Mini 2 with a yoke mount and a knee-board to jot down ATIS info (departing and arriving airfields) as well as clearances and xpdr info enroute. I will still keep the knee-board but would love to be able to take notes on the ipad using scratchpad templates (prefilled boxes, tick boxes etc.). I even designed my own Hobbs/PLOG using InDesign so having the option to drop-in templates as PDFs or similar to augment scratchpad would be great. I did try using my full-size iPad on a yoke mount but it’s too unwieldy and I consider it not safe in the PA28, preferring the smaller Mini form factor.

I note the last discussions on this type of thing was back in 2015 so hope the update to iPad Mini might permit it to be raised again? I realise I can perhaps switch between apps on the Mini but am using SkyEcho2 (with FLARM decoding) and would dearly love to have everything within the same, dedicated app interface.

Thanks for constantly innovating and improving SkyDemon, the main reason I made the switch from another, well-known app.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search