Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon and Dynon Skyview in-flight connectivity issue

Author
M
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
w.teckentrup - 3/29/2022 10:21:31 PM
w.teckentrup - 3/29/2022 9:58:03 PM
Mazsola - 3/20/2019 6:03:11 PM
George Reid - 3/17/2019 3:28:17 PM
Mazsola - 3/17/2019 1:18:47 PM
What I did to try to improve the situation:
- checked WIFI status on the tablet: it is on maximum, states outstanding signal. Connected to and sees Skydemon (according to settings menu)
- switched the two dynon WIFI dongles between the two Dynon screens
- installed skydemon on another tablet (also android) to check any difference in behavior
- checked skydemon software status again and then upgraded to march 08 version.

And then with this latest software upgrade a completely new and unexpected phenomenon raised:
I can start Skydemon but when I touch the "go-fly" button, I got following error message:
"Skydemon needs to be given access to your location before it can operate in Go Flying mode"

That means, although the wifi connection to Dynon is established (shown in the settings menu) there is no connection to the Dynon modul and the to built in GPS...?
I checked this with both of my tablets independently, both times got the same result ! Currently I can not use the dynon GPS at all.

Anyone out there with similar experience ?
Could this be a problem of the wifi-dongles ? But then, why can I see the established wifi connection in the settings menu of the tablet?
Thank you for your feedback !

In the setup for your SkyDemon, is Dynon Skyview still checked under Third-Party Devices?

Yesss, you are right ! With the last SkyDemon software update (08.march) the tickbox for third party device Dynon was emptied...
Checked and it works again !
Only the initial problem with the unreliable connectivity remaines Sad I will change the tablet, it could be also a source of the problem...

Hello Mazsola,
I am a German pilot using Dynon Skyview and SkyDemon running on a Samsung Tablet S7 and I am experiencing the same problems as you describe: The connection between Skyview and SkyDemon is not at all stable, it breaks down ever so often before automatically building up again. 
So I am very interested in reading whether you finally found a solution to the problem or whether you just bought a new tablet.
Kind regards 
Wilfried

Hi Wilfried,

Changing the tablet did not solve the issue.
But since we destroyed one of the USB-Stick unintentionally and had to buy a new one, connection works again.
So I suspect, you might have also a USB-Stick problem. I know it is not cheap, but try it with a new one or borrow it from another pilot for testing.
Wish you luck, cheers

w.teckentrup
w
Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)Forum Newbie (9 reputation)
Mazsola - 3/31/2022 6:59:17 AM
w.teckentrup - 3/29/2022 10:21:31 PM
w.teckentrup - 3/29/2022 9:58:03 PM
Mazsola - 3/20/2019 6:03:11 PM
George Reid - 3/17/2019 3:28:17 PM
Mazsola - 3/17/2019 1:18:47 PM
What I did to try to improve the situation:
- checked WIFI status on the tablet: it is on maximum, states outstanding signal. Connected to and sees Skydemon (according to settings menu)
- switched the two dynon WIFI dongles between the two Dynon screens
- installed skydemon on another tablet (also android) to check any difference in behavior
- checked skydemon software status again and then upgraded to march 08 version.

And then with this latest software upgrade a completely new and unexpected phenomenon raised:
I can start Skydemon but when I touch the "go-fly" button, I got following error message:
"Skydemon needs to be given access to your location before it can operate in Go Flying mode"

That means, although the wifi connection to Dynon is established (shown in the settings menu) there is no connection to the Dynon modul and the to built in GPS...?
I checked this with both of my tablets independently, both times got the same result ! Currently I can not use the dynon GPS at all.

Anyone out there with similar experience ?
Could this be a problem of the wifi-dongles ? But then, why can I see the established wifi connection in the settings menu of the tablet?
Thank you for your feedback !

In the setup for your SkyDemon, is Dynon Skyview still checked under Third-Party Devices?

Yesss, you are right ! With the last SkyDemon software update (08.march) the tickbox for third party device Dynon was emptied...
Checked and it works again !
Only the initial problem with the unreliable connectivity remaines Sad I will change the tablet, it could be also a source of the problem...

Hello Mazsola,
I am a German pilot using Dynon Skyview and SkyDemon running on a Samsung Tablet S7 and I am experiencing the same problems as you describe: The connection between Skyview and SkyDemon is not at all stable, it breaks down ever so often before automatically building up again. 
So I am very interested in reading whether you finally found a solution to the problem or whether you just bought a new tablet.
Kind regards 
Wilfried

Hi Wilfried,

Changing the tablet did not solve the issue.
But since we destroyed one of the USB-Stick unintentionally and had to buy a new one, connection works again.
So I suspect, you might have also a USB-Stick problem. I know it is not cheap, but try it with a new one or borrow it from another pilot for testing.
Wish you luck, cheers

Thank you for your quick answer. Are you talking about the USB stick which sits in the Dynon Skyview on the backside ? 

Sajo
S
Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)Junior Member (10 reputation)
Hi,
I have the same problem. When I connect my tablet with the SkyDemon app via a WiFi adapter to the Dynon Skyview and click Fly, I lose signal every now and then. After a while the signal reappears and so on and so on. When I unplug the Dynon (Third-Party Devices) in SkyDemon, the signal is restored and completely fine.
Has anyone found out what the cause is and how to fix this fault?
Thank you for your answer.
Regards, Radovan 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search