SkyDemon Forums

Skydemon and Dynon Skyview in-flight connectivity issue

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic28007.aspx

By Mazsola - 3/10/2019 6:28:41 PM

Dear Guys, probably someone have similar issue as my connectivity problem and could suggest me how to solve this.

Flying with:
- Dynon Skyview (latest software)
- Skydemon (latest software) on android tablet Samsung Galaxy S2 8.0 (installed fixed in the aircraft)
- Wi-Fi Adapter for SkyView

While in-flight, the tablet/skydemon loses the current position on my screen and I get the message: "seeking for gps satellites"
After some seconds the connection is established again and I can monitor the aircraft position on the tablet again until the next signal loss. It happens regularly almost every 2-3 minutes.
I dont think it is a problem with the gps antenna of my aircraft because when it happens on the tablet, at the same time my dynon skyview screen works well and continuously.

I would very much appreciate any kind of hints and help if you have had similar experience. Thank you !
By Sajo - 7/29/2023 7:22:25 PM

Hi,
I have the same problem. When I connect my tablet with the SkyDemon app via a WiFi adapter to the Dynon Skyview and click Fly, I lose signal every now and then. After a while the signal reappears and so on and so on. When I unplug the Dynon (Third-Party Devices) in SkyDemon, the signal is restored and completely fine.
Has anyone found out what the cause is and how to fix this fault?
Thank you for your answer.
Regards, Radovan