Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

FLARM Source Linking

Author
John Brady
Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have PowerFLARM installed in the RV-8 with an ipad in each cockpit running SD.  Will it be possible to link the PowerFLARM direct to SD without using Skyecho?  I can already use PilotAware wifi to link received adsb tracks but only ground station derived FLARM tracks.  If I can I would like to link the onboard FLARM derived data to SD.
John  G-RUVE

TouchTheSky
T
Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.5K reputation)
Mach2 - 12/5/2018 8:19:09 PM
I have PowerFLARM installed in the RV-8 with an ipad in each cockpit running SD.  Will it be possible to link the PowerFLARM direct to SD without using Skyecho?  I can already use PilotAware wifi to link received adsb tracks but only ground station derived FLARM tracks.  If I can I would like to link the onboard FLARM derived data to SD.
John  G-RUVE

This little device should do the job:

Peter Robertson
Peter Robertson
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Hi Mach2,

It’s easier, much cheaper and more efficient to connect the data output from your PowerFLARM via your PilotAware. It only costs you about £25 for the cables and you can connect to PilotAware from multiple devices at the same time. The AirConnect only allows one connection (or certainly used to). This document covers the main principles and setup, though you do need to adapt it slightly for PowerFLARM, but I assure you it works perfectly.

https://pilotaware.com/Documents/FLARM-IN%20via%20LX%20Nav%20FlarmMouse.pdf?_t=1536411663

If you need any advice, log onto the PilotAware Forum www.forum.pilotaware.com and post or pm me.

Regards

Peter
(exfirepro)
Edited 12/6/2018 10:34:44 AM by Peter Robertson
John Brady
John Brady
Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)Too Much Forum (733 reputation)
Peter Robertson - 12/6/2018 10:33:24 AM
Hi Mach2,

It’s easier, much cheaper and more efficient to connect the data output from your PowerFLARM via your PilotAware. It only costs you about £25 for the cables and you can connect to PilotAware from multiple devices at the same time. The AirConnect only allows one connection (or certainly used to). This document covers the main principles and setup, though you do need to adapt it slightly for PowerFLARM, but I assure you it works perfectly.

https://pilotaware.com/Documents/FLARM-IN%20via%20LX%20Nav%20FlarmMouse.pdf?_t=1536411663

If you need any advice, log onto the PilotAware Forum www.forum.pilotaware.com and post or pm me.

Regards

Peter
(exfirepro)

Thanks Peter - I will continue the conversation on the PAW forum.

The suggestion to use Airconnect won't work for me - I think as it only sports one device on its wifi.

John

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search