Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

How to connect Skydemon to X-plane 11 flight simulator

Author
D
Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have been using Skydemon on my iPad successfully with P3d version 3, I have recently started using X-Plane 11 version .26 and I can't find out how to connect it to Skydemon on my iPad.. I have my iPad's IP address and I don't know where to put it. Also do I have to set up my computer's IP address into my iPad? if so, how do I do that?
Lerk
L
Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)Too Much Forum (100 reputation)
Just need to have both devices connected to the same WiFi network and then select xplane on the third party devices menu in settings on SD.
Then when you ‘go flying’ it will ask you which position source to use - select xplane and it will show you location based on that.
Easy peasy!
E4z9
E
Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)Junior Member (18 reputation)
In the X-Plane settings you also have to enable sending the location data:

Open Settings > Network > iPhone, iPad, and External Apps, and e.g. select "Broadcast to all third-party apps on the network". Or enter your pads IP in "Transmit to a single third-party app on the network".
After that X-Plane will be available as a GPS source in SD.

pivert
p
Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)Junior Member (20 reputation)
Hi, 

You saved my day. SkyDemon should really add a small text message to explain that when enabling the Fly with X-Plane:
Go to Settings->Network->iPhone, iPAD, and EXTERNAL APPS -> Check "Broadcast to all mapping apps on the network"

So, no need to go in the Data Output settings !

Regards,

chloroformaa
c
Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)Forum Member (32 reputation)
I am able to connect skydemon in my mobile to xplane in PC using above method..but if I want to connect skydemon in PC to the Xplane in PC , what is the way..?.
Bcoz in skydemon mobile, when I click on "fly", there is an option which says "use xplane"..in PC, there is an option "go flying" but under that there are different options like "with windows location provider" , "start simulator" etc but no option to use the xplane..so how to do it..?..

Regards..

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search