Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Prompt for current date and time

Author
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When you load a saved plog, if the date is in the past, it would be good to prompt to use the current date. Save you having to manually change date to today in order to get NOTAMs, weather etc.
dave_kent
dave_kent
Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.1K reputation)
marioair - 6/20/2018 8:24:02 PM
When you load a saved plog, if the date is in the past, it would be good to prompt to use the current date. Save you having to manually change date to today in order to get NOTAMs, weather etc.

I agree - I often reuse saved flight plans and it's a (minor) pain to have to reset the date on Android

grahamb
grahamb
Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.8K reputation)
I can’t speak for Android, but on an iOS device it takes three taps:
- touch the London Tube sign at the top of the chart, which will be red if the date is in the past
- touch ‘Take off’ in the middle of the pop-up
- touch ‘Remove’ top right of the date picker pop-up, the date / time will be set to now+30 minutes.

Are you suggesting that everyone should have to tap once (or more) every time they open a route to respond to a standard pop up in preference to three taps only if you want to actually re-use one for 30 minutes time?
Edited 6/22/2018 3:57:54 PM by grahamb
marioair
m
Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.6K reputation)
grahamb - 6/22/2018 3:57:54 PM
- touch the London Tube sign at the top of the chart, which will be red if the date is in the past
- touch ‘Remove’ top right of the date picker pop-up, the date / time will be set to now+30 minutes.

Are you suggesting that everyone should have to tap once (or more) every time they open a route to respond to a standard pop up in preference to three taps only if you want to actually re-use one for 30 minutes time?

Yes that’s exactly what I’m suggesting. If I’m opening an old route it’s because
1)I’m likely to use it again
2) I want to see current NOTAMs
3) I want to see current forecasts, route time, wind etc
emporer
e
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
marioair - 6/23/2018 7:15:12 PM
grahamb - 6/22/2018 3:57:54 PM

Yes that’s exactly what I’m suggesting. If I’m opening an old route it’s because
1)I’m likely to use it again
2) I want to see current NOTAMs
3) I want to see current forecasts, route time, wind etc

I also got annoyed by spinning the Date/Timewheel forever to adjaust date and time after loading a route from a previous year.
T‌he fastest work-around is :
1‌) open a predefined route
2‌) Tap the horizontal bar with km and time under the main menu bar
3‌) select take-off (start) and than press remove (entfernen) in the upper right corner
4‌) Now you will see the current date/time ‌‌at ake-off (start) and you can 

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
emporer - 6/26/2018 11:29:17 AM
I also got annoyed by spinning the Date/Timewheel forever to adjaust date and time after loading a route from a previous year.

I have to agree with this comment - the time/date selectors are rather more fiddly to use than selectors in most other applications, especially for the minutes. Fortunately there is another workaround which is to tap on the data field itself which then allows you to type in a number, although for months and minutes it might be nice to have 1-of-12 pop-up choosers instead (assuming 5-minute steps seems reasonable!)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search