Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Improving weather forecast based on a planned route

Author
mbenoit
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
As discussed on SD booth during last Aero 2018, here are more details on how to improve weather forecast based on a planned route.
‌For more than a year now, I'm using Meteoblue services to plan any flights: So far MeteoBlue has provided the best accuracy fcst compared to other solutions. On my point of view, 2 reasons are driving this, they are using several met models, and they provide a Gramet based on a route:

‌The gramet will show along the planned route
‌- Cloud cover
‌- Wind at all altitudes
‌- CAT & Icing
‌- Temp
‌- ETc.
‌Forecast is possible, one hour by hour, up to 7 days, and covering almost the whole world.
‌- My request to SD would be to have the possibility to get the Gramet from Meteoblue based on the route plan on SD. This would probably mean opening discussion with Meteoblue directly: https://www.meteoblue.com/
They seems to be located in Basel -Switzerland.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search