Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Request - Allow Zero Holding Time

Author
F
Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)Junior Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Tim Dawson - 7/4/2022 8:56:58 AM
We haven't changed the labels at this stage, nor have we added any new fields. At the moment in SkyDemon we have:

Taxi/Takeoff Fuel (fixed part of aircraft profile)
Landing Fuel (fixed part of aircraft profile)
Trip Fuel (calculated)
Contingency (percentage)
Holding Time

What is actually being suggested?

I think it would be a good idea to go with standard phrases as mentioned above:

T‌axi Fuel
T‌rip Fuel (take-off to destination)
A‌lternate Fuel ‌‌(destination to furthest alternate)
C‌ontingency Fuel (typically a % of trip)
E‌xtra Fuel (for anticipated delays, which may include holding)
D‌iscretionary Fuel (loaded at the captain's discretion)
F‌inal Reserve Fuel (fixed at 30 mins for CAT turbine, soon to have more flexibility in NCO)

Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)SkyDemon Team (624K reputation)
Yes, if we were starting from scratch, we would have no problem arranging things like that in SkyDemon. We are not, though, so have to tread carefully. I have sympathy for a desire to gradually move closer to a list like that, but I want a consensus on what the first step should be.

We could introduce an Extra Fuel field per aircraft and get rid of the existing Holding Time field, but that is a potentially breaking change for everyone who has already made use of the Holding Time field and planned flights accordingly.

bobo
b
Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)Junior Member (11 reputation)
Tim Dawson - 7/4/2022 8:56:58 AM
We haven't changed the labels at this stage, nor have we added any new fields. At the moment in SkyDemon we have:

Taxi/Takeoff Fuel (fixed part of aircraft profile)
Landing Fuel (fixed part of aircraft profile)
Trip Fuel (calculated)
Contingency (percentage)
Holding Time

What is actually being suggested?

The request is to have a final reserve (30 or 45 minutes) which is not the same as holding. I would find it very useful to have holding fuel as a separate item since it's then possible to allow for e.g Airwork or other activities en-route. So my suggestion is to have two items where the holding item can go all the way to zero, and the Final reserve can be set to 30 or 45 minutes in the aircraft preferences. (Some may argue that it's allowed to have as little as 10 minutes reserve if you have the field in sight)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search