Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

USB Charging without any interference!

Author
Paul Mahony
Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you're like me, you've probably tried numerous USB chargers trying to find one that doesn't interfere with your radio or that doesn't send white noise to your headsets when you try to re-charge your iPad, phone or other such device.

I think after trying about 7 different USB chargers - including ones that had an Apple MFI certified endorsement - I was about to give up the ghost ...................until, I found one that is absolutely brilliant!!!  In fairness, I think I read about it on one of the American flying forums and decided to try it out.  It is completely silent in use, and has dual high-power (2.4 amp) outputs.  It is certified by RoHS, CE, FCC (whatever that means!) and has a 1 year warranty.

The only problem is , is that you have to send off to the USA for it because I couldn't find any on this side of the pond.  The device is actually quite cheap‌‌ ($10.49 - reduced from $29.99) but after shipping charges, I paid about $35.00 (about £25.00).  However, all I can say is that if silence is golden to you whilst charging your USB devices, then this beauty is worth every cent.

It is made by SKIVA and here‌‌ is the link to the relevant webpage:
https://www.skivatech.com/products/powerflow-4-8a

‌Skiva PowerFlow Duo C-3 (4.8 Amps / 24 Watt / Fastest) Car Charger with Two Universal USB Charging Ports (AC116)‌

I  ordered one and paid by PayPal and it was delivered within a week‌‌.  I wired a 12-volt cigarette socket in the panel of my CTSW and then inserted the SKIVA charger.  I recessed the socket so that the charger lies flush with the face of my panel.  It looks very neat but more importantly, it works totally silently when charging my iPad running SD and charging my iPhone.

PS: I do not work for SKIVA!!!‌

‌‌‌

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search