Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Notes in aircraft w&b

Author
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I understand that having SD calculate the take off distance automatically is a very tricky and potentially hazardous option to implement, considering the considerable number of variables.
When‌ about to fly in slightly critical conditions (tak‌ing‌ of from a high altitude, high temperature and at or close to mtow), I check the AFM's  take off distance chart (a scan on my tablet), and write down the required distance on my kneeboard. I do this for planning purposes, to get to know the planes I fly and also to be able to justify that I did the calculation should anything happen.

What about having an editable field called "take off distance" in the w&b that would allow us to manually punch in the value we find in the AFM? This field would be by default empty.

T‌hanks for your thoughts.

C‌heers,‌‌

A‌lexis‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search