Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

SkyEcho - Portable ADS-B In/Out Solution - Linked to SD

Author
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Paul Guilbert - 9/2/2019 11:25:55 AM
Agreed the SE2 with SD provides very little other than presentation of FLARM and ADS-B.

It maybe of interest that my TRX-1500 which is connected to my GARMIN 650 WILL provide warning of Mode C/S nearby, albeit with limited data. I do think there is merit in having this functionality even if the information is limited.

Drick,

I think you need to experiment with the positioning of your SE2. I would think you would get better reception if the unit was mounted forward of your instrument panel on your canopy. By mounting the SE2 behind you you may find it is is getting screened by aircraft occupants etc.
Take a look at these posts on the Flyer forum regarding SE2 and FLARM reception:
Tony

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search