Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Garmin Aera 660

Author
f
Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)Too Much Forum (74 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, has anyone managed to transfer from iPad to Garmin 660 via upload option, like SkyVector.

‌I'm able to do it manually from my laptop by first saving file as .fpl then transferring it to the micro sd card taken from the Garmin. Then once in the Garmin just slot back in the micro sd, and from the menu options upload flight plan , which was created earlier in Skydemon.    The problem I have is that I need to have a laptop with me.  I was hoping on long cross country trips just to bring my iPad, and any course changes on Skydemon ( which I personally think its wonderful to use versus Garmin),  I would like to transfer to the Garmin 660.
‌Otherwise any flight planning which is done very quickly in Skydemon, has to be replicated  manually on the complicated Area 600.  If there was an option like in SkyVector to simply export the .fpl to Garmin Pilot.

Jon W
J
Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)Too Much Forum (58 reputation)
Hi, I've used iUSB pro app and https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?C=38VLIQ1P7ES9H&K=398ZCLWLHXM04&M=urn:rtn:msg:20180406214319da725702729a472093c016e4b520p0eu&R=UP2TVV0NO1BC&T=C&U=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fdp%2FB072N57TWD%2Fref%3Dpe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1&H=2SDSXYL3IAUEYGI7PBDTAQHX4L4A&ref_=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1 and a micro USB card to transfer from iPad to Aera 660

1) in SkyDemon select Route - Share --> Mail
2) Hit cancel and save draft
3) open Mail - your saved route should be in drafts
4) Press and hold on myroute.fpl and select Import with iUSB Pro
5) Open iUSB Pro and move file from App to micro SD
6) Stick the SD card in the Garmin and import the route

Good luck!

Jon

Filip Lowette
F
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Hi Jon,
I ordered the cable and installed iUSB as per your suggestion.
However, I get stuck in step 4: when I hold the .fpl file, no menu comes up to click save to.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Filip
Filip Lowette
F
Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)Forum Newbie (4 reputation)
Dear Jon,
I found it. Works fine now. Thx!
Filip
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore