Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Feature Request— Stopwatch

Author
M
Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I’d find it useful on have an on-screen stopwatch tab (simple start/stop/reset loop). Perhaps a selectable option for the ‘go flying’ tab menu on the LHS. Any thoughts?
ivor
i
Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)Too Much Forum (286 reputation)
personally i would use a watch if i needed that facility, Too much screen real estate is used to the decrement of SD main role as Navgator IMO
Marks
M
Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)Too Much Forum (336 reputation)
Agree with real estate constraint but the LHS tab is configurable under Nav options/ Instruments- or somewhere else entirely for that matter. A conventional stopwatch/ timer is just something else to carry and faff with. Had to use a stopwatch when switching to reserve fuel tank recently and it occurred to me that it’d handy on the screen.

With respect to screen clutter, I find that most RHS tabs are hardly used in flying mode- maybe they could ‘stale out’ and hide after xx seconds- a tap on that portion of the screen could revive the tabs?

Edited 2/8/2018 8:46:48 PM by Marks
frederic
frederic
Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)Too Much Forum (116 reputation)
Hi everybody,
I come back to this post. I already sent my proposal to SD Customer Support and the answer was that most tablets have a timer available. That's true, and I can accept that answer.

But I'm coming back to my suggestion just to see if other pilots find it also useful to have a stopwatch under SD.

In my old navigation program, I had a stopwatch that started automatically when the speed of the aircraft exceeded 15Kt. In principle, when this speed is reached, it is that we are in the takeoff phase and no more in taxi phase.

I found it very handy in flight, because how many times does a pilot forget to start his stopwatch at the moment to take off (or at every turning point).

Of course, this stopwatch could be cut, restarted ...

Is this interest of a so a stopwtch shared by other pilots?

Thank you for your attention.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search