Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Defining a new airfield possible?

Author
Cessna
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Sorry if this obvious but I can’t work it out. I’ve been using SD for years from a strip which is on the system as a proper airfield. The aircraft has now moved across to a new strip which is not on SD. I have added it as a new user waypoint which means I can plan routes without issue.

However when SD is in navigation mode and logging and I land the aircraft, it logs the fact that I have landed at the old strip. The distance between strips is probably 1.5 miles, so I can see why SD might think I’ve landed on a runway associated with the old strip.

Is there a way to define a new airfield?
Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Cessna - 12/9/2017 6:15:00 PM
Sorry if this obvious but I can’t work it out. I’ve been using SD for years from a strip which is on the system as a proper airfield. The aircraft has now moved across to a new strip which is not on SD. I have added it as a new user waypoint which means I can plan routes without issue.

However when SD is in navigation mode and logging and I land the aircraft, it logs the fact that I have landed at the old strip. The distance between strips is probably 1.5 miles, so I can see why SD might think I’ve landed on a runway associated with the old strip.

Is there a way to define a new airfield?

Yes, in the Windows version. After creating the airfield it can be moved to Ipad.
Cessna
Cessna
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Thank you. Done and seems to be working fine.
Cessna
Cessna
Thank you. Done and seems to be working fine.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search