Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Track radial into ILS

Author
e
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Maybe I just haven't worked out how to do it. If I use "Direct To" then adjust course to pick up the extended centre line, then on final approach the HSI switches to ILS mode. So far so good. But if I use the Track Radial function to intercept the centre line I cannot then get it to change to ILS mode. Using "Direct To" doesn't seem cancel the Track Radial function.
Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
ericferret - 11/19/2017 12:40:42 AM
Maybe I just haven't worked out how to do it. If I use "Direct To" then adjust course to pick up the extended centre line, then on final approach the HSI switches to ILS mode. So far so good. But if I use the Track Radial function to intercept the centre line I cannot then get it to change to ILS mode. Using "Direct To" doesn't seem cancel the Track Radial function.

You must first cancel Track Radial by tapping on the Position Report block just below the Instrument Panel. The HSI should then work as expected.

Mike
, SD 3.16.13.0

ericferret
e
Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)Too Much Forum (1K reputation)
Sky Painter - 11/20/2017 6:13:12 PM
ericferret - 11/19/2017 12:40:42 AM

You must first cancel Track Radial by tapping on the Position Report block just below the Instrument Panel. The HSI should then work as expected.

Thanks Mike, just had a chance to try it out and it works.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search