Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Accessing the South of France VFR from London

Author
R
Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)Too Much Forum (88 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I flew from London to Le Castellet and managed to get through many of the restricted and prohibited areas as it was the weekend and the airforce was not flying. I returned from Italy via Cannes and took a diagonal route to the Montelimar VOR through La Luc which was also closed because it was a Saturday. My Question : does anyone have a VFR route through the South of France to the coast either from the west or from the north down the eastern side ( BUT, avoiding the Alp Maritime not because of its height but because t is often covered in cloud ). I would be very grateful !

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Ronald,
Not really sure what you are asking for.‌
Do you have the relevant SIA 1:500000 maps?
Where are you actually trying to fly from and to?
I have made quite a few low level (2000-3000ft) VFR trips to France over the years‌‌‌ and haven't really had any issues regarding airspace or restricted areas..
You can probably go over or under any of the ABZA corridors, if they are active.‌ You can check the status via the SIA website:
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/

Tony‌‌‌
Barbeau
Barbeau
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Fly down to Montpelier, and follow oversea corridors from Montpelier to Cannes or Nice via Marseille, Toulon.
It's really a nice flight much more simple about military area or CTR TMA, the cost view is awesome
The corridors are perfect on SD.
Fly safe

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search