Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Noise sensitive areas.

Author
Russ_H
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Many Airfield have published areas to avoid when joining, taking off and landing.
would be really helpfull to have these show up as an overlay in skydemon, no idea if it is a big ask or impractical, just thought Id bring it up.

Gax
G
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
This feature is already implemented for many airfields in SD...

Russ_H
Russ_H
Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.7K reputation)
Well, strike me with a kipper!, now I think about it, my habit is to stop looking at skydemon once the field is in sight, so it was a bit of a silly request in light of that (and presumably why I didn't pick up on the feature being pre-existant).
But now I know the feature is there and the circuit is not so busy as to afford me a look at my ipad then it will be usefull.
Thanks GAX‌

Semper Fi, yes I am aware this information is published, the post is about having that information geo referenced on your Nav device.
You might have the luxury of regarding "Obeying" such procedures‌ as a low priority, in the UK many airfields are closing and  any food for the nimbies is to be avoided

Gax
G
Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (4.1K reputation)
Russ_H - 5/29/2017 7:45:23 AM
Well, strike me with a kipper!, now I think about it, my habit is to stop looking at skydemon once the field is in sight, so it was a bit of a silly request in light of that (and presumably why I didn't pick up on the feature being pre-existant).
But now I know the feature is there and the circuit is not so busy as to afford me a look at my ipad then it will be usefull. [...]

You do need need to zoom in a bit to see it.  If you use the new(ish) approach selection it automatically zooms you in enough to see it.  In hindsight, I'm also not sure how it works with georeferenced plates..  Bear in mind that it doesn't have noise sensitive areas in it for ALL airports - only what appears to have been submitted - so a lack of red circles doesn't mean there aren't any NS areas!!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search