Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

PLOG format

Author
buckels27
Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I used a plog and skydemon mobile today for a trip between Andrewsfield and Denham. Plog works really well and I certainly wouldn't see any advantage in exporting to a spreadsheet. I'd ask that the print settings could be saved so my custom margins are retained between sessions and that being able to select which columns you want would be useful if it meant that the size of the font could be increased in the columns that are printed.

Keep up the excellent work, Tim!

vfr-uk
vfr-uk
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
I would just like to add support to the case for more printing options/preferences and saving of preferences - especially for paper size, borders, and layout.

Generally, once a user gets a system setup that they like, they should just be able to hit print and everything come out how they expect, without delving into the preferences again.

I also use A5, and would prefer some advanced options on what fields get printed, and how the pages are arranged.

Many thanks. Keep up the good work.
Edited 6/5/2011 1:47:38 PM by vfr-uk
hallhmik
hallhmik
Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)Too Much Forum (764 reputation)
Having bought sky demon which is an excellent tool the bit that really lets it down is the plog printout. The main issues are:-

1. You ought to be able to setup which columns you want printed (and preferrably in which order from left to right). That way you can please everyone. Some will want Trk(T), some Trk (M) and some both (and of course the same with every other column). You could also setup your own blank columns with a user defined heading. These settings should be remembered.

2. You ought to be able to seperate the plog and the radio frequencies. On a short route it is probably OK to have them both follow on but on a long route the freqencies start on page one and then break uncontrollably onto page 2. On a long route that is also going to be flown in reverse it would be much nicer to print one page of frequencies that can be used in both directions and then the 2 actual plogs, this way it all stays nicely together.

3. In combination with 1 above it would be nice to be able to save predefined personal plog formats and name them. I could then setup (for example) an A5 kneeboard format plog with rnav features, an A5 without rnav, a large landscape with everything etc.

4. It would be nice to be able to enter route/leg comments that will print out. I tend to use those for short reminders (eg call XXX for crossing clearance at yyy) etc.
ChrisH
ChrisH
Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.4K reputation)
Yup - that's what I was wanting elsewhere - to be able to have Plog on one sheet and Frequencies on another which should also enable the plog to be a bit longer on one page. If its a short Plog and it all fits on one page with the frequencies - fair enough
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search