Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Planning flight with multiple landings: fuel and W&B calculations

Author
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello there, 

When I plan a flight from A to C, with an intermediate landing at B (in my case for customs), this is how I proceed: 
-Draw the whole trip in SD on my Android Tablet, by selecting the waypoints and airfields
‌-Select B and C and choose"Land here" in the airfield options
-Then I have two legs on the chart (active one is darker than the other), 2 pilots logs, and 2 flights in the Flight details tab.
- I evaluate how much fuel I have to take onboard, and punch it in, with the first leg active. 
-‌ With the first leg still active, I open the pilot log, and check what fuel there is left at the end of this leg
-‌ Close the pilot log, activate the second leg, open the Flight details tab, and punch in the remaining fuel in the relevant fields.

Does SD offer a short way to do this that I haven't figured out, or does anyone have another way ?

Cheers,
Alexis‌

Edited 2/26/2017 12:36:54 PM by alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Fleagle
Fleagle
Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.2K reputation)
I would find it useful too if SD automatically carried forward fuel info from the first leg to the second leg. You could of course and a pop warning when the second leg is activated to say "check fuel calculations"....just incase or so that amendments could be made if a fuel uplift was done at the stop off leg.
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
alexis.hellen@gmail.com
Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.9K reputation)
alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 2/26/2017 12:36:54 PM
Hello there, 

When I plan a flight from A to C, with an intermediate landing at B (in my case for customs), this is how I proceed: 
-Draw the whole trip in SD on my Android Tablet, by selecting the waypoints and airfields
‌-Select B and C and choose"Land here" in the airfield options
-Then I have two legs on the chart (active one is darker than the other), 2 pilots logs, and 2 flights in the Flight details tab.
- I evaluate how much fuel I have to take onboard, and punch it in, with the first leg active. 
-‌ With the first leg still active, I open the pilot log, and check what fuel there is left at the end of this leg
-‌ Close the pilot log, activate the second leg, open the Flight details tab, and punch in the remaining fuel in the relevant fields.

Does SD offer a short way to do this that I haven't figured out, or does anyone have another way ?

Cheers,
Alexis‌

How do you lads and lasses go about planning this kind of flight, when it comes to fuel and weight & balance ?

Would love to learn from any of you. 
Cheers‌,
Alexis

Tony N
Tony N
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
I fly a simpler Piper than you have so treat each sector as a separate flight. So I have a separate SD log for each flight.
I also do fuel checks manually as I know my engine uses 17.5 litres/hr.
Sometimes one can overcomplicate things with technology!‌‌‌
Tony‌
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search