Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

iOS10 bluetooth issues

Author
nkt2000
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was flying on Saturday and lost position data for about 4 minutes (seemed like 4 days).  It came back by itself and stayed OK for the rest of the flight.  About 2:05 altogether.

S‌kydemon 3.7
I‌pad Mini 2 with IOS 10.1.1
D‌ual XGPS150‌
Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
Well, I guess it could be that you just lost GPS signal for a while, or there again you could be suffering from the same problem as many of us.

As previously reported,I've installed the Beta version of iOS10.2 (it's up to version 7 now) and it seems to be working......well, working much better.

First flight it disconnected for about 15 seconds and then re-connected itself. As this had also happened before iOS10 I think this was acceptable. Last Saturday it disconnected while taxying and seemed to be staying disconnected. As I had a bit of time, I re-connected it and it then worked fine for a 1.5 hour flight.

So time will tell, but I would recommend updating to the Beta version.....or wait for the official release, which I read is due some time in December.
brian.payne8@btopenworld.c...
b
Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)
I have just updated my ipad to ios v10.2 which is supposed to fix the Bluetooth problem. I turned on my Skydemon and Garmin Glo at home and it found the location but then lost it and I got an error message saying "waiting for location data."

I hope to fly on Saturday so I will try it in the air and report back ‌‌
b
Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)Too Much Forum (393 reputation)
Shifu - 12/15/2016 8:35:31 AM

brian.payne8@btopenworld.com - 12/14/2016 8:17:24 PM
I have just updated my ipad to ios v10.2 which is supposed to fix the Bluetooth problem. I turned on my Skydemon and Garmin Glo at home and it found the location but then lost it and I got an error message saying "waiting for location data."

I hope to fly on Saturday so I will try it in the air and report back ‌‌

RMK/ for the Bluetooth fix the iPad has to be completely turned off and reboot, as there is something written into permanent memory which is not when you simple apply the update.

b
I rebooted my ipad but when I tried it with the Garmin Glo I got the same message after about 20 seconds "waiting for location data" so I am not optimistic it will work in the air. I have checked my ipad and it has definitely updated to v10.2. Not sure where I go from here as v10.2 was supposed to fix the problem.  
nkt2000
nkt2000
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
brian.payne8@btopenworld.com - 12/15/2016 2:01:45 PM
I rebooted my ipad but when I tried it with the Garmin Glo I got the same message after about 20 seconds "waiting for location data" so I am not optimistic it will work in the air. I have checked my ipad and it has definitely updated to v10.2. Not sure where I go from here as v10.2 was supposed to fix the problem.  

I have just updated my Ipad Mini 2 to 10.2 but don't have my Dual XGPS150 with me.  Will check it out tonight.   There is some advice about that suggests you shut down Bluetooth and forget the GPS, reboot the ipad and them reconnect and pair with the GPS anew.  Do this after updating the IOS version.  Not sure if it works with GPS but it didn't achieve anything with the hands free telephone in my BMW and Iphone 6s.  That does seem to be better with 10.2.  Until the IOS 9 debacle, I had a rock steady connection between my Dual and the Ipad.  If only!

nkt2000
nkt2000
nkt2000 - 12/15/2016 2:53:18 PM
brian.payne8@btopenworld.com - 12/15/2016 2:01:45 PM

I have just updated my Ipad Mini 2 to 10.2 but don't have my Dual XGPS150 with me.  Will check it out tonight.   There is some advice about that suggests you shut down Bluetooth and forget the GPS, reboot the ipad and them reconnect and pair with the GPS anew.  Do this after updating the IOS version.  Not sure if it works with GPS but it didn't achieve anything with the hands free telephone in my BMW and Iphone 6s.  That does seem to be better with 10.2.  Until the IOS 9 debacle, I had a rock steady connection between my Dual and the Ipad.  If only!

I have been running Skydemon with my Dual XGPS150 for about 4.5 hours now, mostly stationary in my office but also on the 30 min commute to work this morning.  No position data drop out so far.
S‌kydemon 3.7
I‌pad Mini 2 
I‌OS 10.2
D‌ual XGPS 150

Edited 12/16/2016 11:42:26 AM by nkt2000
b

My ipad/Garmin Glo now appears to be working at last with no loss of connection. So for anyone else information experiencing similar problems this is what I did:
Update to v10.2                                                                                                                                                                                                Remove Garmin Glo from Bluetooth on the ipad.
‌Re boot the ipad‌‌
Reconnect to Garmin Glo
and it appears to keep the connection.
Also make sure the Garmin Glo has the latest update.
Happy landings.‌‌ ‌‌‌‌‌

Ian
I
Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.8K reputation)
What do you mean by 're-boot the iPad'?

Turn it on and off........or more than that?
b
Ian - 12/16/2016 6:51:38 PM
What do you mean by 're-boot the iPad'?Turn it on and off........or more than that?

Hold the home button and the off button on at the same time until the Apple symbol appears.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search