Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

aispace highlight in the PC version

Author
poorterp
Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi team,

is there a way to highlight a piece of airspace on the PC version without dragging the route through it and then via the warnings
get the airspace highlighted.
For preparation it would be nice if you can just click a point and then select the airspace you like to see highlighted for some time
(or until ESC is pressed)

Greetz Peter Depoortere

geohawk
geohawk
Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.2K reputation)
I completely agree. I spend way too much time flight planning so that I can get a clear understanding of all the airspace involved, which shouldn't really be necessary. It would be great to change my route mid-air and see these details in real-time, as changing a plan mid-air on the tablet isn't necessarily simple.

Garmin has a nice feature, where if you touch anywhere, it automatically highlights something and provides info on that feature. Touch the same spot again, and it will highlight something else. Repeat and you can cycle through a list of features near where you touched the screen.

I really like this feature, as it can be tedious to long-press, then long-press, then long-press to find what I'm looking for. In a shaking plane, long-press is a PitA quite often. (sorry for such a negative display of affection for long-presses)

That is one thing I'd love to see in SD as well. Just touch/click somewhere and have the nearest item highlighted, and topical info displayed about it. Would be awesome, and would really help when flying VFR.

Sky Painter
Sky Painter
Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)Too Much Forum (50K reputation)
You do realise, don't you, that in the PC version, if you hover your mouse pointer over any piece of airspace, a small pop-up appears providing details of that particular piece of airspace and any other relevant information.

Mike
, SD 3.16.12.0

poorterp
poorterp
Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.3K reputation)
Sky Painter - 6/30/2016 10:58:20 AM
You do realise, don't you, that in the PC version, if you hover your mouse pointer over any piece of airspace, a small pop-up appears providing details of that particular piece of airspace and any other relevant information.

Of course, but I would like that we can also outline the borders of some piece of airspace , like on the IOS ....

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
I am too missing this feature desperately. Is there a reason why this has never been implemented? Or is it, and I am just not aware of how to do it?

Like in this example, where I would like to highlight the 'Padova Central FMC Area'. It is impossible to figure out the outline of the airspace in the PC version.

PC:

Android:

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search