Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Super Dimona HK36 Weight&Balance!?

Author
Deniz
Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey there,
I wonder how to set up SD in order to get a reliable weight and balance calculation. Anyone who may help me?
What do I have to enter?
Empty weight is 555kg and Empty weight lever arm is 406mm. Passengers 143mm, baggage and fuel 824. That is all information i could found in the manual.
http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/bb92618d-2d87-413c-aeac-184c.jpg
http://forums.skydemon.aero/uploads/images/e422f81c-1604-4895-95be-05de.png
Thanks in advance!

Edited 11/23/2015 6:28:47 PM by Deniz
T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
I've done a number of SkyDemon W&B profiles for a range of aircraft (including other Diamond aircraft), so I had a look at this thinking it would be relatively easy. Unfortunately, after reading all the relevant text in the AFM, I fear there is just too great a chance of making a mistake while converting the method described in the AFM into the conventional mass-and-arm format required by SkyDemon, Add to that the complexity of things like minimum seat weight and trim weights which I don't think SkyDemon even supports, and I think you're going to struggle to get this aircraft's W&B described adequately.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to help you - but it might have to wait for Tim's team to add some new features into SkyDemon.

Good luck, and sorry I couldn't help.
Deniz
Deniz
Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)Too Much Forum (472 reputation)
Hi T67M,
I really appreciate your effort!Thanks a lot for that!
However, I am a bit disappointed that SD couldnt come along with a solution yet.
Hopefully you are right and Tim and his team have been reading about those pilots who still face problems with mass&balance and come along with a new update soon. Because otherwise it makes no sense to offer a m&b feature if one cannot use it.

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)Too Much Forum (20K reputation)
No worries - sorry I couldn't help.

To be fair to Tim and the team, most aircraft can use the W&B feature in SD - the HK36 is the first plane I've come across with such a complex way of describing the requirements, and it's really my inability to interpret them which stops you getting something. The only feature SD would ideally want to add is the concept of minimum weights and automatically flagging the need to add trim weights when this isn't achieved.
Deniz
Deniz
Ok, I see! But I thought as long as you know the minimum (passenger) weight (its 55kg in the HK36) youre ok to fly.
I just put the question about the m&b on facebook. Lets see if anyone can help in the "pilots and students" group.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search