Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Skydemon generated gfp to SDcard for Garmin GTN-750

Author
danielderoeck
Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)Too Much Forum (202 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Does anyone have experience to transfer a flight plan via SD card to a Garmin GTN-750. I did use the 'save as Garmin GTN' option to generate the gfp file, and copied it to an 8 GB SD card, FAT32 formatted, but the GTN-750 did not recognize it.
Does it need to be saved in a certain folder on the SD card?
In the past, I had no problems in transferring the *.fpl files to an SD card to use in a Garmin GX3.

PS I really do like Sky demon!

I fly a Tecnam P2002JR
Pete
Pete
Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)Too Much Forum (14K reputation)
Did you find the answer to this?

James Morrey
James Morrey
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
We had a similar problem. I've managed to find the solution on a third party website.

The .gfp file has to be in a folder called 'FPL' on the SD card. Then the import option is available on the Garmin unit.

Just bear in mind that Garmin doesn't like waypoints that are in the middle of nowhere.
thierryr65
t
Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)Junior Member (22 reputation)
danielderoeck - 10/6/2015 8:57:21 PM
Does anyone have experience to transfer a flight plan via SD card to a Garmin GTN-750. I did use the 'save as Garmin GTN' option to generate the gfp file, and copied it to an 8 GB SD card, FAT32 formatted, but the GTN-750 did not recognize it.
Does it need to be saved in a certain folder on the SD card?
In the past, I had no problems in transferring the *.fpl files to an SD card to use in a Garmin GX3.

PS I really do like Sky demon!

Hello,
just try to format your SD card as FAT DOS (Fat16) or try to find an old SD card of 1, 2 or 4 gb by old cards used this type or format and when we try to use a modern one or format most of the time that's FAT32

Regards
Thierry

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search