Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

Mac OS El Capitan and SD 3.1.0.dmg

Author
RobKuijpers
Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)Too Much Forum (131 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the Wine Installer, mucho appreciated!

Rob
AlanB
AlanB
Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)Too Much Forum (441 reputation)
Great, thanks, it works a treat!
Roger9810
Roger9810
Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)
Like others can't update charts, tried deleting contents or charts folder but no joy. any suggestions, Yosemite 10.10.5. Mac Mini.
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
Roger9810 (11/15/2015)
Like others can't update charts, tried deleting contents or charts folder but no joy. any suggestions, Yosemite 10.10.5. Mac Mini.

I'm aware of one other person reporting this problem - and for them it appeared to possible to work around the issue by downloading the charts one at a time.
A alternative possible work-around could be to manually download the UK charts from http://data.skydemon.aero/countries/getdata.aspx?fileid=2883 and copying this file to Documents/SkyDemon/Charts/uk-6.skydata

Unfortunately I don't why some people are having this difficulty - other than usual generic advice of 'turn it off and turn it back on again' - I'm not sure what to suggest. (You could perhaps try temporarily disabling any web filtering or anti-virus software you have installed just to check it is not that causing an issue - albeit that clearly isn't a desirable long term solution).

Edited 11/15/2015 2:25:27 PM by rikur
Roger9810
Roger9810
Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)Too Much Forum (879 reputation)
Thanks for that, unfortunately the link to the charts doesn't work, returns file not found error. My setup is that the applications folder is on one disc ( solid state) with the system files etc and the documents folder on the other HD. Do you think this could be a problem?
rikur
rikur
Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)Too Much Forum (13K reputation)
oops, sorry, there was a typo in the link - now corrected

I did have problems on a Windows machine where it hung downloading the charts, and the reason was because the Documents folder wasn't a folder, but was a junction point (i.e. the NTFS equivalent of a symbolic link).  If you are using symbolic links to redirect your Documents folder this *may* be the cause?

In Documents/SkyDemon/ is there a debug.log ?

mdemaegt
mdemaegt
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
Hey,

Thanks for the MAC development!

It looks like I have the same problem. I'm unable to to update the charts. The wheel keeps on spinning forever.
I checked in the Documents directory and found the SkyDemon/Charts directory that contained the charts I downloaded using the previous version. Tried to delete everything but no change.

When I try to cancel the download of the charts I get an Unhandled exception (not sure if this helps).

My setup is as follows OSX 10.9.5.

Can you help?

Regards,
Michael.

rikur
rikur
Hi
I think I have solved the chart download problem
Can you download the application again and reinstall it, give it a try, and let me know.
R
Edited 11/30/2015 11:38:14 AM by rikur
Oliver Voigt
Oliver Voigt
Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)Too Much Forum (3.4K reputation)
Es tut uns leid, will not work. Copy and paste Great Britain map works fine..

@Skydemon Team...Was there a possibility to copy all maps?

Thanks in advance

mdemaegt
mdemaegt
Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)Too Much Forum (271 reputation)
Sorry, still not ok.

I did however found something. I have Parallels installed on my PC running the windows version of Skydemon and I found both versions are downloading their charts into the same directory. The windows version works ok.

I took care that Parallels is not running while doing the trials on the mac version.

Any other ideas? Anything you want me to try?

Thanks,
Michael
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search