Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

List of Aerodromes (DFS German AIP) available on Desktop Version

Author
Jalafu
Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I´m quite new with SD; just made my first (of course very successful & satisfying) real-life-experiences & would like to renew this request.

Because I usually plan my flights at home or sometimes at work (no comments on that, please;-)) on a desktop PC (which is the normal procedure for most users, I guess) it is necessary to have all information from the AIP VFR available (f.e. opening hours of airfields, list of aerodromes) on the device mainly used for planning in my opinion. It would also be much more comfortable for printing etc.

As already mentioned by other users, I´d rather have this particular information available on my PC used for planning than on my tablet mainly used for the flying part.

So, if there´s is any chance for making all the information from the document browser available on the PC version, please go for it ;-) It would make flight planning & documentation (at least for the german community) much, much easier!

Thank you very much in advance!

Jan Fuhrmann

Danny
Danny
Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.2K reputation)
I also still use the Jeppesen for a quick look for: opening hours, fuel, PPR, Apt Ops, restaurant etc.
Jalafu
Jalafu
Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)Too Much Forum (956 reputation)
No doubt using the Jeppesen or the AIP in many cases may be the quicker way if you have them next to your desk, but unfortunately I have neither the one nor the other available (especially not in the office or at my destination if staying for several days). For the last years I used the german service gat24.de for this purpose (for a long time the only possibility to have his information available online).

Its also possible to check it on my tablet, I know; but it would make things much easier if I wouldn´t have to "cross-use" two devices,

For German pilots and pilots flying to Germany this would make things a lot more comfortable. :-)

Patrick
Patrick
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
>> We'll certainly look to adding this feature in SkyDemon Plan if there is high enough demand for it.

Tim - certainly the feedback given by users over the last year or so on this thread indicates a pretty decent demand? Is that high enough?

Especially for those users who are paying an extra amount for an annual subscription of some plates (e.g. DFS), it's a bit of a slap in the face (sorry for the blunt way of putting that) to not be able to use the planning portion of that data on the device most users seem to prefer for planning.

What would be the reason for NOT considering this pretty obvious improvement - apart from prioritizing other work, of course?

MikeTwoOne
MikeTwoOne
Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)Too Much Forum (17K reputation)
Adding my voice to this request. I'd like to be able to browse the AIP from the PC too (because today, planification is about switching from PC to mobile all process long).
Tim Dawson
Tim Dawson
SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)SkyDemon Team (625K reputation)
It's a lot of work. This thread represents the total of all the requests we've had for it: around 10 requests in a year.
Patrick
Patrick
Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.5K reputation)
and 190 likes...

What I hadn't realized is that this is a lot of work. That's obviously hard to judge for outsiders who aren't involved in the development of the product. I would have reckoned it's a matter of adding a basic document browser (no need to reinvent the wheel here?) to the SkyDemon Plan product that provides access to the already existing document base for those who subscribed to it (as it is available on the iPad, where I imagine few people use it).

But what do I know. ;-)

deeveedee
deeveedee
Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)Too Much Forum (1.5K reputation)
Hi all, there is a simple solution to this: On Ipad open the Document browser in skydemon's plates tab,
open the DFS German VFR AIP, choose FLIGHT procedures or List of Aerodromes. Choose the "export" icon on the top right bar and choose i.e. store in Dropbox (will be in pdf format). Then open the Dropbox on your PC find the PDF file in the dropbox and download it.
Probably there are more options to export (mail did not work for me!)
Taunus84
Taunus84
Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)Too Much Forum (398 reputation)

Good one, deeveedee. Still, I want to add a "+1" here as well - I'd really love to be able to access the entire AIP that I subscribed (and paid for ;-)) on PC as well!

Daniel_KDF
Daniel_KDF
Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)Too Much Forum (2.7K reputation)
Is this feature still not available in the PC version?
Or could someone point me to where to find the German AIP airport directory?
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search