Important: These forums are for discussions between SkyDemon users. They are not routinely monitored by SkyDemon staff so any urgent issues should be sent directly to our Customer Support.

user configurable Trajectory settings?

Author
Mike McPherson
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
tyro user question
are the settings on the trajectory line configurable?
I know they can be distance or time, but can you configure how many minutes, NM?
thanks Smile

nje
nje
Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)Too Much Forum (44K reputation)
No, they show 2, 5, and 10 miles or minutes ahead
Mike McPherson
Mike McPherson
Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)Too Much Forum (5.1K reputation)
that's why I can't find how to set them then!
thanks Smile

Pilot_Prune
Pilot_Prune
Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)
It was nice to find this information for the projected trajectory, the 2, 5, & 10 minues or miles. I cannot find any mention of this in the manual.
I'm fairly new to SD and I'm very pleased with it.  I run it on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and it seems to work fine despite some comments on the forum to the contrary.  I just plugged in a Globalsat BU-353-S4 GPS sensor and away it went.  As Tim Dawson said: "first you have to have a Surface Pro", but I did, so why should I want to use anything else? 

T67M
T67M
Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)Too Much Forum (21K reputation)
Pilot_Prune (7/10/2016)
It was nice to find this information for the projected trajectory, the 2, 5, & 10 minues or miles. I cannot find any mention of this in the manual.

The manual is actually very comprehensive, but I agree that there are so many features in SD that they're not always documented in the most likely place. In this specific case, the 2/5/10 minutes/miles information is only on page 72 in the section on Virtual Radar, which isn't the first place I'd look for it. It would be nice if the track line was mentioned somewhere around pages 65 and 66 which describe most of the other features of the moving-map portion of the in-flight display.

Pilot_Prune
Pilot_Prune
Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)Too Much Forum (387 reputation)
Thank you, I stand corrected, but as you say the information is not exactly where you would expect to find it.  Several flying friends of mine who also have SD have also been asking them the same question. I shall now enlighten them as well !

Martin Bech
Martin Bech
Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)Too Much Forum (9.8K reputation)
Have you tried to pull at the end of the trajectory? It gets longer, but then what is the distance or time then?
srayne
srayne
Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)Too Much Forum (46K reputation)
Martin Bech (7/13/2016)
Have you tried to pull at the end of the trajectory? It gets longer, but then what is the distance or time then?

I think this is only possible in simulation mode and is the way to modify your airspeed so the tick marks still show the correct distance/time you have just changed your speed.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search