SkyDemon Forums

IPad Wifi and No GPS Data

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic9356.aspx

By jay_hl - 5/23/2013 9:28:17 AM

I have an iPad 2 wifi only and the full blown Sky Demon (with all the add ons). I think it's a fab piece of software for planning, but I'm having a nightmare with it in Nav mode.

I bought a bad elf pro (the separate device, not plug in) to provide Sky Demon with GPS data. It has a screen on the GPS unit so you can see the read out (which is good as an ultimate last resort and back up!).

I've connected the two via Bluetooth fine and used the Bad Elf app on the iPad to see the output of the GPS unit which works fine.

When I go into Sky Demon in "Go Flying" mode it shows as a red aircraft symbol which I understand means that GPS data is not being fed to Sky Demon at least once a second.

When I connect my ipad by wifi, the aircraft turns yellow and it seems to work and being provided by GPS data.

I have ensured that Location Services for Sky Demon are switched on.

I've searched the forums and tried various Privacy resets, and checking setting with no solution.

I'm desperate to get this sorted, so any help would be appreciated.
By jay_hl - 5/30/2013 10:04:06 AM

Yes Im up and running now. Had to try the work around a couple of times, but now my red light flashes about 1 a second. Im so happy. Time to use it for the first time this weekend!

Thanks for the replies guy. Appreciate it.