SkyDemon Forums

Verbal Muting

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic36316.aspx

By PaulSS - 9/3/2023 2:12:55 PM

I have looked in the manual but cannot find an answer to my question. Does SkyDemon automatically mute warnings e.g. traffic audio if it detects radio transmissions?

I have muting turned off on my radio BUT I link SkyDemon's audio on my iPad via Bluetooth to my headset. In other words, SkyDemon has nothing to do with my radio circuit, so the radio muting is likely a big red herring.

Logically, given the above, it would seem to me that my headset is muting Bluetooth and I will double check my settings to see if that is the case but, meantime, it would be good to know if SkyDemon does have that function.
By TimT - 12/28/2023 7:23:55 PM

I am installing a new audio panel with 3-D audio. Will put Radio 1 to the left, and Radio 2 to the right. And then SkyDemon's spoken warnings in the centre. That should dramatically improve my abilities to mentally focus on the audio source that I want to hear.

Mind you, that may not necessarily be the radio transmission at all times. It could well be the traffic warning from SkyDemon that I deem critical while somebody else is talking on the radio.