SkyDemon Forums

Location recording frequency

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic36298.aspx

By Guy Gratton - 8/30/2023 10:53:56 AM

Morning all,

I've been using SD for a while, but only just registered here.  For my normal flying, all good, so my question is a bit niche.

I've been using SD on a Samsung Android device to record position of a prototype aeroplane on a flight test programme, then Google Earth to analyse the data.  Quality is good, and utility is good - also unlike just about every other app I've tried to use for the purpose, if I minimise it to use my device for something else, SD keep's recording - vital if I'm trying to use it to obtain flight test data.

SD is recording position at about 0.2Hz, which for most purposes is absolutely fine. However for, say, working out the exact moment an aeroplane leaves the ground (and thus allowing me to split the take-off roll from the airborne segment) it's a bit coarse.  In a perfect world I'd like around 10Hz, but even 1Hz should be quite adequate for my purposes.

Is there any way I can alter the frequency at which SD is recording position?

Thanks in advance if this might be possible.

By Tim Dawson - 9/1/2023 9:39:06 AM

I don't think you could game the system, but the specific thing you were interested in recording might be recorded by SkyDemon anyway, as presumably it will be associated with rapid changes in speed and altitude. Have you had a look? I'm sure you'll find SkyDemon records at more than 0.2hz as those parameters change.