SkyDemon Forums

Improving the "backup to cloud" feature

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic35984.aspx

By tnowak - 5/23/2023 8:57:39 PM

I have recently been troubleshooting a new issue with SkyDemon (garbled voice warnings). Probably an unexplained recent occurrence with my Android phone (was all working perfectly about two weeks ago), but part of the suggested troubleshooting involved me uninstalling SkyDemon and re-installing it. I backed up everything (or so I thought) to the SD cloud first and reloaded my settings after the SD app had loaded.
Everything looked good and I went flying.
Not only had the garbled voice issue not gone away but I had an aircraft permanently on my tail for the whole flight, along with constant on-screen collision risk warnings. I figured out what the issue was - my HEX code hadn't been saved to the SD cloud....

Can you please consider improving the "backup to cloud" feature so that ALL local settings/parameters are saved, so they can be retrieved when required?
At the moment it appears that backups to cloud have to be accomplished in a few different sections of SkyDemon to ensure that all user data is backed up. This isn't obvious, unless you have done it a few times. 
Thanks
Tony
By Tim Dawson - 5/31/2023 10:11:54 AM

We'll discuss it, but those functions actually have very different purposes, not to mention consequences.