SkyDemon Forums

SD and SkyEcho connection on Android

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34943.aspx

By erchegyia - 5/8/2022 1:19:09 PM

ThePhantom79 - 5/6/2022 1:44:05 PM
Hello, 

I am using SK and Skyecho on my android device (8inch tablet) since 2 years, and I like it a lot.
My android device has also mobile data available, but unfortunately, SD <-> SkyEcho connection does not work 100%, ig mobile data is switched on.

How it is, on my devices (tablet and phone):

Mobile data off: SD and SkyEcho work great, as well traffic visualisation as configuration of skydemon from skyecho menu (thats important, as I switch often the plane, and so I dont haver to enter hex code each time - its done by skydemon!). Live weather / notam data are unfortunately NOT available, due to no internet connection.

Mobile data on: SD and Skyecho connction work basicly, means - traffic visualisation works (so the main functionality is given), but configuration is not availabe (If I click in navigation mode in SD to Sky Echo Configuration, SD cant find my Device). But - as said - traffic information are recevied - so a basic connection seems to be there. Also on browser, the IP of the device is not reachable. But of course, live weather is available,

I think, this is not a SD issue (but not sure), but maybe someone else has this issue and found a workaround?

I'm not sure if SkyEcho has that capability, but to my Stratux I connect via WiFi Direct, solves this problem.
If you need to stick with regular WiFi comnection, you could use the Speedify app.
By ThePhantom79 - 5/6/2022 1:44:05 PM

Hello, 

I am using SK and Skyecho on my android device (8inch tablet) since 2 years, and I like it a lot.
My android device has also mobile data available, but unfortunately, SD <-> SkyEcho connection does not work 100%, ig mobile data is switched on.

How it is, on my devices (tablet and phone):

Mobile data off: SD and SkyEcho work great, as well traffic visualisation as configuration of skydemon from skyecho menu (thats important, as I switch often the plane, and so I dont haver to enter hex code each time - its done by skydemon!). Live weather / notam data are unfortunately NOT available, due to no internet connection.

Mobile data on: SD and Skyecho connction work basicly, means - traffic visualisation works (so the main functionality is given), but configuration is not availabe (If I click in navigation mode in SD to Sky Echo Configuration, SD cant find my Device). But - as said - traffic information are recevied - so a basic connection seems to be there. Also on browser, the IP of the device is not reachable. But of course, live weather is available,

I think, this is not a SD issue (but not sure), but maybe someone else has this issue and found a workaround?