SkyDemon Forums

Internet traffic info

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic34770.aspx

By ArnaudC - 4/13/2022 11:52:00 AM

In my corner of Europe, I can barely get a single MET update via 3G above 2500ft. 4G disappears lower than that.
If you really want live trafic in the plane, get a SkyEcho.
By rv8ch - 4/22/2022 9:26:37 AM

ArnaudC - 4/13/2022 11:52:00 AM
In my corner of Europe, I can barely get a single MET update via 3G above 2500ft. 4G disappears lower than that.

In flight, the skyecho is fine, even if it "only" shows ADS-B and FLARM.  For looking at traffic at a far away place on the ground, it's not too useful.

My use case is from time to time I'd like to see the traffic flows around a destination airport during my flight planning phase, on the ground.  True, I can do this another way, but I did get used to this when using FF, and having now switched to SD, I wondered if it was possible to add this feature.  If not, not a huge problem.  Just asking.  
By erchegyia - 4/22/2022 11:09:41 AM

rv8ch - 4/22/2022 9:26:37 AM

In flight, the skyecho is fine, even if it "only" shows ADS-B and FLARM.  For looking at traffic at a far away place on the ground, it's not too useful.

My use case is from time to time I'd like to see the traffic flows around a destination airport during my flight planning phase, on the ground.  True, I can do this another way, but I did get used to this when using FF, and having now switched to SD, I wondered if it was possible to add this feature.  If not, not a huge problem.  Just asking.  

open your FlightRadar24 app?
By rv8ch - 4/22/2022 6:53:13 PM

Adam Erchegyi - 4/22/2022 11:09:41 AM
rv8ch - 4/22/2022 9:26:37 AM

open your FlightRadar24 app?

Good suggestion!
By rv8ch - 3/21/2022 1:04:10 PM

Not sure if this is in there, or if it's already been discussed, but is there any interest in overlaying internet traffic info onto the SD map?  Perhaps getting a feed from adsbexchange or pilotaware or another provider?   Thanks!