SkyDemon Forums

Waypoint selection in flight

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic3364.aspx

By flyingalan - 6/21/2011 5:06:59 PM

I would like to suggest that a facility is provided to step forward and back on the screen, the "waypoint in use" in the flight plan. It would make it very quick to return to previous (or departure field) if needed, and also enable quick direct re routing if required.

My idea would be to put on the screen smallish touch  buttons either side of existing "waypoint in use text" at the top of the screen that would be + and - allowing previous and next to be quickly selected in flight.

Also on subject of waypoint text, does anyone else find the existing text very small, and sometimes difficult to read in adverse light with the varying backgrounds and colors of moving map happening. I personally would like to see an increased font size for this text especially if we are able to select next and previous per my suggestion above.

best regards

By Tim Dawson - 8/21/2018 9:02:47 AM

It's usually better no to dig up a thread which is 7 years old.

Steve, you do not need to select the next waypoint along. This makes me think of GPS devices of yesteryear. If you just fly towards it, as soon as you've passed the waypoint before, SkyDemon will realise what you're doing and make the move forward.