SkyDemon Forums

New feature: drawing custom traffic patterns

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33394.aspx

By Szepy - 5/5/2021 8:40:50 PM

Hi,

I've not found this mentioned yet so I bring up this idea. Many ADs do not have "public" traffic patterns, at least not added to AIP. These are usually small, private ADs. Would be nice to have on option to draw a custom traffic pattern for them (like starting with defining RWY id, left/right handed pattern, height in AGL and possibly the distance of the legs from both ends/centerline of the RWY). It's custom for everyone, not necessarily shared but an option to create those would be nice addition. Everyone could maintain these for themselves, like looking into AD webpage if it has changed before planning a new flight there or gathering this from any other available source.
By ArnaudC - 3/22/2024 12:39:52 PM

ax3biggles - 11/9/2023 3:15:57 PM
pilot-byom - 5/6/2021 12:03:34 AM
Just use the Custom Data Editor in PC plan and do your pattern as a route, sync to cloud and enable, done.

I have accessed Custom Data to try and draw a "route" and use it as a circuit pattern, however, despite many attempts, I cannot find out how to do this, any assistance would be most helpful

Create the circuit's turning points as custom waypoints. Connect as needed. Voilà.