SkyDemon Forums

Audio alerts in ‘Simulate’ mode but not when ‘Go Flying’

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic33287.aspx

By Tim Dawson - 4/19/2021 11:23:01 AM

There's no difference as far as SkyDemon is concerned between the simulator and Go Flying mode.
By Dorgand - 4/19/2021 12:53:43 PM

Tim Dawson - 4/19/2021 11:23:01 AM
There's no difference as far as SkyDemon is concerned between the simulator and Go Flying mode.

That was what I would have expected from a functional perspective, and certainly the intent of simulate mode, although obviously under the covers there is technical difference, but it shouldn't  cause this, which is why it baffled me.
My other devices are android, where SD doesn't have simulate mode, so I can't test those at home, but I'll try one of those next time I can get somewhere to get a real warning from SD
By Tim Dawson - 4/19/2021 1:17:32 PM

SkyDemon for Android most certainly has a simulate mode. All the features are the same between Android and iOS versions.
By Dorgand - 4/18/2021 5:30:56 PM

Using SkyDemon v3.15.1 on an IPad Ai:r 2 IOS 14.4.1, linked via Bluetooth to Bose A20’s and PilotAware Rosetta, I had no audio warnings.

I had checked before leaving home via simulate and all worked ok. After I landed, whilst still at the airfield, I did ‘Go Fly’ which showed other traffic ok in the radar but no audio warnings. Tried simulate there again and all ok, but when in flying mode no audio.
Back home again now and simulate still gives me audio warnings, but I have no warnings in go flying as nothing close enough to warn me about on the ground, so can’t easily test.

Any ideas ? Comms to to headset is obviously ok as it works in simulate, so I’m assuming something is different in SkyDemon from an audio perspective in GoFly mode.
Kind regards
Darren