SkyDemon Forums

No english voice was found on your device so speech will not be available.

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic32260.aspx

By Sky Painter - 9/25/2020 11:44:52 AM

Selev - 9/24/2020 6:51:53 PM
Hi everyone.The problem i have has occurred before and has been posted on these forums:

It relates to the voice files on an ANDROID device not being loaded, and so i do not get any verbal warnings as it appears that the the speech to text app does not load up on SKYDEMON, instead you get the following warning: No english voice was found on your device so speech will not be available

This is not a SKYDEMON fault, it is down to ANDROID.

I ask on this forum as i hope someone out there has had the problem before and knows of a fix.

As per the link above i have the relevant speech to text app installed, and all the relevant updates are installed on the device, also SKYDEMON is set up for verbal traffic warnings and everything is as it should be.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Make sure that you have selected a voice – Navigation Options > Speech > Voice
By Selev - 9/25/2020 4:42:38 PM

Sky Painter - 9/25/2020 11:44:52 AM
Selev - 9/24/2020 6:51:53 PM
Hi everyone.The problem i have has occurred before and has been posted on these forums:

It relates to the voice files on an ANDROID device not being loaded, and so i do not get any verbal warnings as it appears that the the speech to text app does not load up on SKYDEMON, instead you get the following warning: No english voice was found on your device so speech will not be available

I ask on this forum as i hope someone out there has had the problem before and knows of a fix.

As per the link above i have the relevant speech to text app installed, and all the relevant updates are installed on the device, also SKYDEMON is set up for verbal traffic warnings and everything is as it should be.

Make sure that you have selected a voice – Navigation Options > Speech > Voice

Thanks Mike, I saw your reply in the linked forum. This seems to have been rectified, for info of anyone having the same problem,I had to do a factory reset on the phone which after restart has restored the files.

By Selev - 9/24/2020 6:51:53 PM

By tonton-h4 - 7/19/2022 4:45:46 PM

Good afternoon, I got also the same problem.

Reseting the tablet was not what I wanted.

It turned out the solution for me was a little bit different.

On the tablet, starting at the main menu:

<Settings>

<Accessibility>

<Screen readers>

on my tablet, that was empty.

I had to fix it with:

<Text to-speech outpout>

<Preferred engine>    for which I choosed SpeechService by Google

Now it works correctly now and I am very happy.

Dan.