SkyDemon Forums

problems with "Create log summary" form

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic30180.aspx

By Tim Dawson - 1/27/2020 11:51:59 AM

Sure, that would be handy. Thank you!
By psuter - 1/29/2020 8:21:27 PM

good news, i could duplicate the issue on the old phone.. i hope you don't mind that it's rooted, it does show the exact same issue like my non-rooted all stock daily use phone, so that should not be in your way i guess.
let me know the address i should send it to.
to return it, you could just bring it to Aero in Friedrichshafen which i will be visiting for sure.
regards
Pascal
By Tim Dawson - 1/30/2020 11:46:23 AM

Could you contact us through our website or give us a call? My colleague will look after the process.
By Tim Dawson - 3/2/2020 10:32:17 AM

Could you be more specific than "do not work"? Thanks!
By Yakmarcus - 3/2/2020 3:29:27 PM

Hello Tim,
I am sorry! After restarting the iPhone and iPad
it works perfect!!!
Marcus
By Johannes B. - 3/2/2020 9:39:49 PM

Same here, I am experiencing the same issues as the thread starter, the pull down menus all do not work, but I can generate the standard log summary. I am using a Samsung S10 with a current Android and having the same problem on my Huawei M3 8.4 Tablet running Android 7.0.
By psuter - 3/4/2020 12:47:52 PM

this has taken a bit of a disappointing turn for me. i have sent my phone tover to skydemon and now uk customs is holding it back becasue they want £19 from Skydemon as they classified this as a commercial exchange.. however it seems the people at skydemon are not willing to spend £19 to get the phone  which i have prepared and sent to them at my own cost to help fix this issue. it is a bit disappionting to see that my efforts don't seem to match at least 19£ of value to skydemon. if i had known that i would not have taken the time to help with reproducing this bug.

i just tried a new samsung flip phone which exposed the same error as well. so this may be related to newer android versions as my other phone is an android one phone with android 9 on it.

regards
Pascal
By Yakmarcus - 2/29/2020 7:50:49 AM

Hello,
same problem here with iphone and iPad.
The log summary function do not work.
Is there anything I can do?
Thank you for help
Marcus
By psuter - 1/22/2020 5:21:07 PM

I'm using SkyDemon for Android version 3.13.3.16732 and it seems that the log summary function is broken. After clicking on "Create Log Summary" the form loads where i should be able to select a few parameters, but none of the drop-downs work. i can click them and i get a yellow border around the drop-down but it does not open. the check boxes work however.

i can click on generate and it does generate the summary, but i would like to change the block time output to detailed which i can't do without the dropdowns working

kind regards
Pascal