SkyDemon Forums

Unable to create aircraft profile from existing profile

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic29962.aspx

By plume_tray - 12/12/2019 2:20:06 PM

Just downloaded the latest SD v3.13.1 on iOS, and I can't see a way to create a new aircraft profile from my own existing aircraft profiles.

I fly a lot of different types and registrations on a regular basis. It required a bit of work to set up the profiles (fuel, CG etc), as none the aircraft I fly exist in the "Add Aircraft" list.

As I already have each type/variant that I need, I just duplicate a profile for each registration. I used to be able to rename one of my own existing aircraft profiles, then load from cloud the old version, therefore maintaining a copy of the old and new profiles on my device.

I can't do this with the new version. Ideally, it would be handy to have a "Duplicate" or "Copy Aircraft" button / slide gesture. Otherwise, be able to see my existing aircraft profiles in the "Add Aircraft" list, perhaps in a separate list to the standard list.
By Tim Dawson - 12/13/2019 10:05:36 AM

That's a good point. In the meantime if you're on a PC you can simply copy the files in the filesystem. On a tablet it's trickier, you could temporarily change the name/reg of an aircraft then load a route which had the old one, and at that point in the aircraft manager SkyDemon will ask you if you'd like to add the route-attached one to your library. We will get a Duplicate option added though.