SkyDemon Forums

Inserting an IAP/RNAV waypoint in route

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic27538.aspx

By EHOW flyer - 12/17/2018 1:00:30 PM

When I have to navigate to a certain IAP waypoint (often the case in Germany), I can lookup for this waypoint by the ‘Find’ function, when found, the chart will zoom in at the then also highlighted position (circle). Normally you can tick this found waypoint and some options will appear, like the option to ‘insert the waypoint in the route’. This is not possible with the normally hidden IAP waypoints, the workaround is to open the pilot log and to insert the waypoint before a present waypoint in the pilot log. Is this on purpose or a bug?
By mrusk - 4/24/2022 8:58:54 AM

Tim Dawson - 4/21/2022 10:03:01 AM
Ok, I think we must be omitting from the map due to their sheer quantity. Would another way to insert one into your route help? I am imagining you could bring up the Leg Properties for the leg you want to split, then we could show an option to insert a waypoint into that leg, which would allow you to select the numbered waypoint. Would that help?
Hi Tim, I was able to have a look onto this on my last IFR flight.
While in flight you can search for such a waypoint and the menu offers to insert it into the current route. The algorithm even picks the right route segment for the insertion. I was not aware of this feature which is absolutely sufficient for inflight editing since it is unlike the behaviour during flight planning, where it is not possible to select it or to add it to the route. 
So my wish would be more that the search dialog in planning mode behaves in a similar manner to that during flight.
Best regards
Martin