SkyDemon Forums

ADS-B weather tryout

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic24694.aspx

By denopa - 11/4/2017 8:22:59 PM

Hi,

I’ve heard SD HQ is broadcasting ADS weather as a try-out. Should I be able to get this from a Garmin ADS-B IN weather capable transponder ?

Thanks

Patrick
By techie59 - 2/14/2018 12:36:55 PM

DavidC - 1/2/2018 9:10:17 AM
Two questions

a‌) Has anybody got this working with Stratux/SD combination yet? I have a Stratux dual channel receiver (ie with UAT also) but no plug-in altimeter/baro module, so it doesn't seem to work with SD at all yet. Is there a specific minimum hardware config and software version required.

b‌) ‌‌Does this give SD any additional/different/less information to display that wouldn't otherwise be available via 4G cellular, which is sometimes possible to receive at lower levels (but highly variable)?

I also have a Stratux with dual channel and the plug-in altimeter/AHRS module. It does connect with no issue, I see the traffic window on my tablet. Yet, I am trying it on ground (in my car) as the weather has been far from fantastic to try.
Regarding the weather, stratux is working for not receiving any signal but I think I need to be in the air to receive it.

L‌et's keep in touch to see if we manage to get it to work but this is a great little device, very promising in conjunction with SD.

E‌tienne
(flying in North France)‌‌