SkyDemon Forums

Feature Request - Auto Sync across devices

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic23791.aspx

By plume_tray - 7/3/2017 2:17:29 PM

Hi, I'm a big fan of both SkyDemon and Apple products. I frequently use both my iPhone and iPad for flying.

‌I find it convenient to flight plan on my iPhone and then use the iPad in flight, mainly because the iPhone is always with me, but the iPad may be on charge or in my flight bag.

‌I would love to see SkyDemon simplify the Open/Save to Cloud feature so its more autonomous, whereby the user saves a new route/aircraft/waypoint on one device, and the saved item is automatically sync'd to my other device via the cloud. Much like how Apple software syncs user data across devices through its own iCloud.

‌At the moment, its very old fashioned. I want to be able to see my changes on my 2nd devices, without having to manually open from cloud. Often I will create a route with a new user waypoint on my iPhone, and I have to separately save the new user waypoint and also save the route to the cloud. Then on the iPad I have to manually open from cloud the new waypoint and also the new route. All of this requires a lot of user interaction and can be prone to error, because if I create one user waypoint on one device, but another different one on another device, as soon as I save/open from cloud, one of the user waypoints will be removed.

‌Thanks Pete
By ArnaudC - 2/20/2018 10:30:36 AM

Manual sharing via Airdrop between iDevices is as close to auto sync as it gets.