SkyDemon Forums

LOG SUMMARY

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic23684.aspx

By Biggles-EGKB - 6/23/2017 6:39:10 PM

"....The LOG SUMMARY feature of SD is a useful tool allowing users to see all flights over the last 365 days but lacks a richness which would allow for data mining which would turn it in to a very useful tool...."

How about (to name but a few possible additions:-
  • The ability to SYNC rather than BACKUP all flights on a device which would allow a transparent transfer between all of a users devices‌‌
  • I've noted that when the distance unit (Mi --> Nm or visa versa) is changed and a BACKUP executed that flight duplication results which creates a headache to clean up "the cloud" record as this has to be done file by file as "housekeeping" access to the cloud files is limited ‌.
  • Allowing users to select the historical period for a given LOG SUMMARY rather than a fixed periods of 365 days as I often want to print out and analyse all my flights‌‌‌.
  • Exporting the data so that it can be interrogated in another application. (To be fair, it is possible to do this but needs a sequence of actions including copy 'n paste to complete.)
This feature has great potential but as yet hasn't fully embraced all its options.‌