SkyDemon Forums

METAR info in approach when AD has not own METAR

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic23663.aspx

By jfw - 6/22/2017 2:29:45 PM

Hello,
SD provides a series of useful information in the "approach"‌‌ page of the AD. Amongst these the METAR info and wind info for each runway....except when there the AD has no own METAR. Would it not be a good idea to have the METAR of the nearest station in that case ?
I know that the conditions will ‌not be same, but they can be epxected to be similar no ?
The page could highlight that the information  is coming from a nearby METAR station to fully inform the users.

Any feedback on this is welcome.
J‌‌‌‌
By jfw - 6/27/2017 3:04:27 PM

Tim Dawson - 6/27/2017 2:24:13 PM
I don't understand why you would want the METAR displayed on the Approach Information page. If you back up to the Airfield page there is a separate button to get to the METAR. Approach Information is really designed to give you the circuits, runway information and frequencies necessary to make an approach and weather is beyond its scope. With the exception of the runway tail/head/crosswind calculations.

I get those calculations for EBAW but not for EBBR. Looking at the code it's because we only bother showing them if they're at least 5 knots.‌

Thanks for your reply and clarifications !

Br,
J‌‌‌‌