SkyDemon Forums

Logging and/or flight time not calculated correctly

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic22746.aspx

By jokoenig - 4/2/2017 7:14:15 PM

Hi,
When reading the log, skydemon sometimes calculated the flight and or log times inaccurately. Attached you see a picture where this happened for the log time, it can happen for the flight time also.

You see that the time from log start to log stop should be 1:40, however it says 1:39. I assume, this is because the log started e.g. at 13:59:59 Z and stopped at 15:39:01 Z. So technically, the program calcuted the times correctly. However, nobody works like that. When I write the log start/stop times (which equal block times in my case) into my personal flight book, I need to know the minutes in between.

So, please make the software to work ‌‌precisely on the minute, not on the second.

Regards,
Johnny‌‌‌
By BorisW - 8/9/2020 4:30:21 PM

Same here. I just had to correct pages and pages of the plane's log book as the sums were all incorrect. I was relying on a correct time difference.
I also consider this a "not right behaviour". Though, I can understand the other argumentations but so far I have never seen this concept in the real world. Usually you would want to log times based on the difference between start and landing times. Not rounded on ms level.
So maybe it would be an option to get this as a setting. Then both parties would be happy?
I would definitely opt for the time difference option as I cannot see any use in rounded ms calulations.
Thanks!
Boris