SkyDemon Forums

FIR Bounderies in Switzerland

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic21613.aspx

By cocoroman - 3/11/2017 9:25:56 PM

O.K. Guys, I have checked on my Android: Nexus 10, Samsung S6 Edge and on my PC that; So we don't have any information of FIR Boundry for in Switzerland (Not talking about country bounderies). Obviously I have not checked the other countries, but at least, if I'm not mistaken, we do not have any of FIR separation like Geneve and Zurich etc. Normally Pilot's should definitely know, when the are leaving or entering the FIR Boundries. Please , can you check this again. Thanks a lot..
By alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 3/18/2017 1:04:27 PM

alexis.hellen@gmail.com - 3/18/2017 12:52:52 PM
cocoroman - 3/14/2017 8:50:18 PM
Tim Dawson - 3/14/2017 12:49:20 PM
Guys, Switzerland has only one FIR. Check AIP Switzerland ENR 2.1.

Are you talking about the delineation between the two FIS services in Switzerland?‌‌‌

As well you say, between (TWO) FIR services sure yes.. And it is not shown on the Map. Final statement; Obviously we're real world Pilot's thinking we can manage whole think with SD, no we can't.. From now on, I'll be more careful with SD. Actually I'm flying tomorrow to LSGY from LSGN, and after to LSGL and back to LSGN. I'll take my paper Map with me. otherwise I don't even know where are the separations are
After SD map. I won't even know where is the separation on my Android map, because there is none .. 

Here are illustrations of what Tim says about seeing FIS in virtual radar as well as on the chart when selecting "what's ​here".  According to me, the flight you are describing (LSGN-LSGY-LSGL-LSGN) all takes place in the Geneva FIS area. I personally always have my oaci paper chart available. I could imagine that having the possibility, under "layers", to choose to show or not the FIS areas could be an elegant solution. 

Cheers‌‌,
Alexis
‌‌