SkyDemon Forums

a5 printing of briefing pack - issue?

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic21574.aspx

By Fleagle - 3/6/2017 11:56:49 AM

Does anyone else print the briefing pack on A5 paper? (no i don't mean 2 up on A4)- I mean genuine a5 paper.)

‌When I try doing this although the PDF it generates looks great on the iPhone/ipad preview  (where you then select the air print printer),the physical print doesn't start until a third down the paper so chops all the bottom off your plog, weather, notams or charts etc etc. 
‌ 
‌I've tried all the appropriate printer settings for a5 and my printer has the latest drivers/firmware. I have no problem printing a5 from any other app where supported or indeed a PC or MAC -it's  just the SD app that throws roughly a third of the page before starting printing. 

‌I wondered if extraneous  postscript LF or similar codes were being thrown to the printer that the screen PDF render ignores (hence it looks fine on iPhone/ipad SCREEN) but the printer executes faithfully. No amount of me playing with settings has resolved this.

‌thanks
By piperpa28 - 3/6/2017 10:39:13 PM

Hi, I am using a Canon CP110 Printer. There is no need of installing another App as long as you install the App e.g. in my case for Canon. When the briefing pack is opened send it to the canon app and everything will become fine. Use A5 as the TO.