SkyDemon Forums

Timeticks

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic21416.aspx

By MarcLoncke - 2/16/2017 9:03:20 AM

Hi,

I‌ would like to ask if there is a possibility to add "TimeTicks" to a (all) route(s).
W‌ith TimeTicks I refer to what we do on physical charts is draw time lines every so many minutes (like every 5min, or 6 min) to follow our progress (time wise) along a route‌.
T‌imeticks are ground speed related and maybe not very usefull in flight but would certainly be usefull in planning mode.

M‌aybe an option to turn them on or off and also an option to set the time intervals in minutes would be very ‌usefull when planning a flight, these timeticks could then be easily transfered onto a physical flight map/chart.

T‌hanx, and keep up the impressive work you all deliver‌.
By topgun9237 - 7/5/2017 10:44:34 AM

Tim Dawson - 2/20/2017 10:28:35 AM
Thank you Marc very much for your enhanced explanation. I look forward to hearing comments from others.

My first inst‌‌inct is that this would be a retrograde step. It's adding a feature which only benefits somebody who is using stopwatch and compass style navigation, whereas if somebody is using SkyDemon they have already made the decision to move forward with GPS style navigation. That combined with the fact there is unlikely to be a consensus on the frequency of the ticks (or even whether they should be distance or time markers) makes me think it will over-complicate the product when most people are very happy with the way it works.

As always I reserve the right to change my mind if it becomes clear that lots of people want this.‌
i agree with marc  is there an update coming soon for placing timeticks in the future on SD