SkyDemon Forums

Missing Items on Updated Chart 15/10

http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic20551.aspx

By carltn16 - 10/15/2016 1:15:35 PM

I've just run the latest chart update on both my PC and iOS device and noticed that the ALKIN point, which is the hold for Biggin and City, is now missing. I haven't checked for any other discrepancies but thought it might be worth bringing this to your attention just in case there is a general issue with this update.

By Tim Dawson - 10/23/2017 10:40:15 AM

If there is an area deemed dangerous in any way, it will be in ENR 5.x and SkyDemon will show it.

If there is a reporting point deemed useful to VFR in any way, it will be in the AD section and SkyDemon will show it.

If there is a reporting point for the use of enroute airways navi‌‌gation, it will be in the ENR 4.4 section and SkyDemon will show it.

A‌n IFR reporting point for a specific approach and not for general enroute usage is beyond the scope of our VFR database (or any, I suspect). Any efforts to get it to appear on our charts are best directed at the CAA as they're the ones with the power to deem it of significance to VFR traffic and therefore make it a danger area or similar. Even if there were a way for us to force the display of a particular reporting point (we could do) that wouldn't help anyone who didn't know that point was one to be avoided, as certain people seem to know.‌‌‌